Eastern British Columbia Railway
This mining railway was built by Daniel Chase Corbin as a line affiliated with his Spokane International. It was built between several coal mines operated at Corbin very close to the British Columbia-Alberta border in the Crowsnest Pass. The line joined with the Canadian Pacific at the McGillivray Loop and ran generally south for about 12 and one half miles (20 km). The railway was incorporated in 1908 and was in service in 1909. The railway carried coal from the mines down to the Canadian Pacific over which it was shipped to the Spokane International, the Trail Smelter and other markets. Railway spur lines to the mines brought the coal to the Eastern British Columbia.
This railway was closed after the mines shut down in 1935 and the tracks were removed in 1939.