3.2 City Hall and the original Fire Hall

 
 
   
 
 
  3.2 City Hall (R) and the original Fire Hall (L) (circa 1912) on 10th Ave S. The City has shared space in the Provincial Courthouse at the east end of Baker St, from when it was built in 1906 until 1911 when a new and separate City Hall was built several bocks away beside the first Firehall on Norbury (10th) Ave. A new Fire Hall was later built behind these structures in 1929, but the original City Hall still functions as the seat of local government. Although there have been several sympathetic additions since, the striking spire was removed for structural reasons early on. CBK.1978.166.006
 

Gallery Contents