25.1 The station in 1898 looking to the south-west

 
 
   
 
 
  25.1 The station in 1898 looking to the south-west. The station was built as a “Crowsnest Style A” depot in 1898 as a 2-storey building from moderate traffic. A long wooden raised platform made it easier for passengers to enter trains without having to climb all the stairs. In the distance center is the early Ice House (white) and to the right in the coaling trestle. The first (unclad and un-insulated) Water Tower is in the background and the Roundhouse beyond that. CBK.2002.036.001a
 

Next Image

Gallery Contents