The 1901 "Elko" Station
With the success of Expo, plans blossomed as fast as the train's new celebrity status. First, CPR donated its 1900-era Elko station. In a move financed by a number of local groups, the station was trucked forty three miles and set up in a new floral garden beside the train at the end of downtown's main street. Looking regally CPR from the outside, this building gives the Museum and Cranbrook a vintage down-by-the-depot setting in a convincing context.