CPR Wooden Water Tower

The relocated water tower in 1996.


The 1946 wooden railway water tower was also relocated to this site in 1994. The overhead wooden staved tank still survives, carried 20 feet overhead on high braced timbers. It is strategically placed on the central axis of Cranbrook's main venue - Baker St. This was planned to allow this major railway landmark to visually connect the downtown area with what is called the "museum development zone" along the highway.


Next PageNext Page

HomeCMRT Home