Elko Station in 1901
The newly completed Canadian Pacific facilities at Elko, British Columbia, glisten in the sun in 1901. The mountain complex is located at the western entrance to the Crowsnest Pass, about 43 miles southeast of Cranbrook. The station master's house is in the foreground. The station and water tower are visible farther down the tracks. The station, little modified from its 1901 appearance, was relocated to the Cranbrook Railway Museum site in 1987, restored, and opened to the public in 1988.
Click here for another photograph of the Elko station.
To the Elko Station