|The Railway Garden, south-west of station, c. 1940
Cranbrook had two railway station gardens for the pleasure of arriving and departing passengers.
The first garden, at the south-west end of the station was begun in 1902, while the other gardens further to the north-east began later in the 1920's.
Both gardens were heavily treed and formally landscaped, providing a welcome refuge from the busy railyard adjacent to the passenger platforms.
The Railway Garden, north-east of station, c. 1940
The south garden lasted until the early 1960's, and the north until the mid-1970's. Today, the north gardens are being restored to their original perimeter, with the relocated Railway Water Tower placed in the centre. The south gardens may be a later project, since the land is used for parking at this time.